Wednesday, July 15, 2015 | By: Unknown

The Dreaded First Blog Post

So I started a blog…
I will admit, I was and still am, reluctant to blog. After all, I’m just me. But, every now and then I have something to say.
But what to say now? I guess you will want to know a little about me. Well, my full name is Jennifer Stinger. I’m a wife, mother, writer, full-time employee, and day dreamer. Those things don’t always fall in that order, but you get the idea. Oh, and I love my commas. My editor loves to love me for them. I put them everywhere. Maybe it’s for my love of the dramatic pause, but I overuse the crap out of them. I don’t think I will every be able to stop, call it a habit I don’t intend to break.
I love a good pun, much to my husband’s chagrin. My father-in-law will have one-up competitions that will make my honey-poo walk out of the room. I get a good laugh, though. And that, my friends, is what’s important.
I guess we move on to the writing now. I’ve always had a story or two floating around in my head, never really took the time to put them down. My husband and I met through an online writing forum (no, I’m not going to say which one!). I will admit right now that I think he’s a much better storyteller than I am, his flair for the dramatic is far more grand than mine will ever be. However, he will say that he cannot come up with a storyline to save his soul. I guess that’s where I come in. I can plot and plan until I turn blue and pass out. But, when he and I get together and bounce ideas off of one another, we will lose track of time and it will be three o’clock in the morning on a work night and we will be hurting the next day. Yes, we can get that passionate about things.
That’s going to lead me up to my point, do what you enjoy, what you love. When the things you enjoy stop being fun, stop doing them. Life is too short to turn everything into a chore. Sure, the fun might not always be there, but the pros should outweigh the cons by a long shot.
~J

0 comments:

Post a Comment